Raised in Egypt with experience in international quality management, I am well acquainted with the challenges in implementing food safety and quality management systems in various environments.
I began my career in agriculture, implementing GLOBAL GAP and BRC. From there I moved to manufacturing where I implemented QMS system for two food processing companies. With a firm grounding in agriculture and processing, I then moved to retail where I took over the role of QA Manager for Carrefour and then Head of QA for Metro Cash and Carry Egypt. To enrich my perspective further, I took the leap to join METRO AG in Germany where after restructuring the QMS for Metro AG and setting up the internal QA audit system for the group; I now head up Operations QA for METRO and I am responsible for 12 countries.
Through this journey I have built a sound knowledge and understanding of local and international standards and markets in food production, retailing and wholesaling. I have gained extensive experience in developing, implementing and maintaining quality management systems based on internationally recognized standards.
My particular strengths lie in project management including planning, implementation, verification and reporting. An eye for detail with these planning skills as well as a strong intercultural appreciation has meant that several projects have come to life under supervision. For example:
- Restructure of Metro AG Quality Management System
- Establishment of internal quality audit system covering Global QA, 25 countries and 3 Trading offices
- Achievement of different types of Certificates for the companies I worked for, such as ISO 9001, ISO 22000, BRC, Global GAP
- Started QA department from scratch in 2 companies
- Farmer development projects with Dutch embassy covering 500 farmer
- Food supplier training programme with USAID covering 50 supplier
- Development of QMS for 30 Aqua Culture farms with GIZ
- Food supplier development programme with Industrial Motorization Center covering 150 food supplier