Professional Work Experience
21 yrs. (still active) – Lead Auditor (Quality, Food Safety, Environmental, OH&S management systems) (included within upper function – when I was working for FAHSS/TUV – 4 yrs. – Consultancy job (Quality & HACCP mgt systems)
9.5 yrs. – Different positions within different Food Industries – management of quality and food safety management systems
IRCA Registered LA(still active)
Hold an IRCA Lead Auditor permit (Membership No. 01186020) for ISO9001:2015 STD – as scope of application (I am certified for five major fields (1- Basic metals and fabricated metal products, 2- Hotel and Restaurants, 3- Rubber and Plastic Products, 4- Food Products, Beverages and Tobacco, and 5- Mining and Quarrying).
SMG Registered LA (still Active) (previously SAI Global)
Hold two different types of certificates for LA:
- Quality Mgt System (ISO9001:2015/ involving almost majority of product and service business operations covering both food and non-food operations)
- Food Safety Mgt system (HACCP, ISO22000, and FSSC22000)
Scope: certification and training
- M.Sc., Clinical Nutrition, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, U.S.A. Graduated: May 1992. Major (research in clinical issues as related to human diet and impact on health) (score: 3.2).
- M.Sc., Chemical Engineering, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York, U.S.A. Graduated: August 1988. Major (chemical engineer), (score: 3.0).
- B.Sc., Food Engineering, University of Monterrey, Monterrey, Mexico.
Graduated: December 1985. Major (food engineer), (score: 3.4).
* Senior Lead Auditor: QMI-United Management Bureau Quality – Riyadh – KSA; as of May 2008, still active – current certification body (Sustainable Management Group) and presently company was representing SAI GLOBAL certification body within the Middle East.
Apart from doing third party audits, I was involved in doing suppler audits for different companies (Tim Hortons, National Biscuits, and Subway) following the audit client’s guidelines.
Besides, I am involved in providing training courses as related to management systems awareness and internal auditing in addition to other managerial courses (e.g., root cause analysis).
Besides, provision of assistance as to setting of new training programs related to food safety. International Standards that I have experience with:
–HACCP (through practical experience (working), consultancy, training and auditing)
–ISO22000 (up to version 2018) (through practical experience (working), consultancy, training and auditing)
–ISO9001 (up to version 2015) (through practical experience (working), consultancy, training and auditing)
–BRC Food (Issue 7) (in process of being qualified for it) (but attended shadow audits and relevant BRC courses)
–FSSC22000 (through training and auditing)/ up to V5.1
- Group Quality Assurance Manager: Al-Muhaidib Metal Industries Ltd, Riyadh – KSA, Two and half years (Jan 2006 – May 2008). Group of companies comprising several areas – fabrication of steel doors, construction items, etc. – five different industries plus corporate sales division and their correspondent branches. Generally, all are ISO 9001 certified.
- Quality Control Manager: Al-Othman Plastic Products Company Ltd, Al-Hasa – KSA, One year (Dec 2004 – Dec 2005). Processor of plastic products for use in food industry (bottles, cups, lids, sheets)
- Consultant and Lead-Auditor for Quality and HACCP Systems:
FAHSS/TUV Saudi Arabia, Dammam – KSA, Four and half years (Mar 2000 – Nov 2004).
As Consultant/trainer, I worked for FAHSS (Local firm) – did different consultancy projects with different scope of work (government related, food manufacturing (drinks, water, plastic packaging materials), plastic pipes, among others.
Consultancy was accompanied with training activities. Management systems comprised “Quality (against ISO9001:2000 Std)” and “Food Safety (against Codex Alimentarius).”