Saudi Arabia is opening its doors to visitors from all over the world with a new entry visa regime in place as of September 27, 2019. Tourists will obtain a multiple-entry visa valid for a year that will allow them to stay in the country for up to 90 days. The visa is relevant to tourism-related activities and Umrah (excluding Hajj season) and excludes other activities such as studying.
The new visa system is a historic milestone in opening Saudi Arabia to tourism. International visitors will discover the warm hospitality of Saudi people: our rich heritage, vibrant culture, and diverse and breath-taking landscapes, from the mountains of Abha to the beaches of the Red Sea and the shifting sands of the Empty Quarter.
Tourists from 49 eligible countries can apply for a tourist visa online through our fast and easy-to-use eVisa portal (https://visa.visitsaudi.com) ahead of their trip, or upon arrival in Saudi Arabia through visa kiosks at immigration.
Tourists from other countries should apply for a consulate visa through Saudi embassies and consulates. Holders of US, UK, or Schengen visas can apply for the visa upon arrival.
The Management and Organizing Committee of Arab Food Safety Summit is responsible to arrange and manage the visas and travel for all the conference speakers and workshops presenters. Every speaker and presenter will be facilitated by one of the Organizing Committee Members.
If any conference or workshop attendees need any visa or travel facilitation, please do not hesitate to Organizing Committee. We are much sure that the Organizing Committee will be there to facilitate as much as possible.
The eVisa will be a one-year, multiple entry visa, allowing tourists to spend up to 90 days in the country.
Tourists can apply for the tourist visa in one of the following ways:
- VISA ON ARRIVAL
- CONSULATE VISA
In general, here is the list of visa requirements:
- Minimum age of applicants is 18 years old.
- Underaged applicants require an individual above 18 years old to act as their guardian.
- When applying, the passport validity must suffice for at least 6 months at the time of entering Saudi Arabia.
- Refund in case of rejection is not possible. Visa fees are non-refundable
- Overstay fees: SAR100 for each day of overstay when the visa expires without leaving Saudi Arabia.
- Religion of applicant is not relevant.
- Countries with bilateral agreements can apply for the visit visa through e-Visa or visa-on-arrival, or through the consulate visa (USA, UK, South Korea and Japan).
- Documents not required to obtain a visa:
- Return ticket;
- Booking accommodation (only address is required);
- A hard copy of the visa, although a soft copy is advised.
- Time taken to issue an e-Visa is 5-30 minutes in most cases.
- Visa eligibility pre-checks are conducted by all airlines before boarding flights to Saudi Arabia.
Tourists from eligible countries can apply for a tourist visa online through the e-Visa portal ahead of their trip.
Nationalities eligible to apply for e-Visa and Visa on Arrival:
- San Marino
- Czech Republic
- South Korea
- China (including Hong Kong and Macau)
- United States
- New Zerland
VISA ON ARRIVAL
Tourist can apply for Visa on Arrival at one of Saudi Arabia’s entry points if any of the following conditions apply:
- The tourist is from one of the countries in the eligible countries list.
- The tourist is holding USA, United Kingdom, or Schengen visas.
The following requirements must apply:
- The visa is valid.
- The visa type is either tourist or business.
- The visa has to be used at least once and have an entry stamp of the issuing country.
- Travel must be with SAUDIA or any other of Saudi Arabia’s national air carriers.
Tourists that are not from eligible countries list should apply for a consulate visa through Saudi embassies and consulates.
Payment for “Visa on Arrival” is only accepted via Credit Cards and MADA.
The check-in agents at the departure station will ensure that the tourist is allowed to apply for the visa according to the clarified list of nationalities available on the electronic platform (https://visa.visitsaudi.com/) and visa issuance procedures will be completed upon arrival through passport offices or via the usage of the self-service’s machines.
- A valid passport for a minimum of 6 months taking into consideration the agreements between Saudi Arabia and the other countries regarding the passport validation (example: US citizens).
- The tourist coming to Saudi Arabia must not be under the age of (18) unless accompanied by a guardian.
- For Consulate Visa, please contact the nearest Saudi Arabia Embassy for any additional requirements or documentation.